Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2174

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 POI Loader for Garmin GPS - v2.7.1/v2.2 - 08/2011
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2005 :  21:07:51  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Edits by GpsPasSion
UPDATED 201202 : New v2.7.1 version available for PCs.
UPDATED 201108 :
PC - New v2.7.0 version available, see details on page 8
MAC - New v2.2.0 version available, see details on page 9.
UPDATED 20091013 : New v2.54 version available, see details on page 8.
UPDATED 20090416 : New guides for POIs and TourGuides - link.

Load custom POI Files -> www . POInUSA . com on GpsPasSion

Updated December 10th, 2006 - New 240 beta version, adds vocal alerts by POI type, details here

Updated January 23rd, 2006 - New 2.21 version released today, see details here

On the download page of the C320 (at Garmin.com) there is now a "POI Loader" available for the C320/C330

/Michael

Garmin C320 owner

Ads

gpspassion

93895 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2005 :  22:51:53  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Really ! Give us a link !

gpspassion

93895 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2005 :  22:53:39  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok got it http://www.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=010-00401-00 ;-)

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 29 juil. 2005 :  22:57:56  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have set my Forefox browser to monitor the download page for the C320. That is how I noticed it. Perhaps I will see the new update (when it comes) sooner this way than by their update email.

Garmin C320 owner
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93895 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  02:23:18  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good catch which kept me busy tonight! ;-)
As with all things Garmin there is a bit of "clumsiness" at the UI level and it's a bit difficult to fine tune the POI alerts, have to choose speed or proximity it seems and you can't display the POIs on the map. Another oddity is that while you can save the POIs to a memory card, and it creates a \POI\poi.gpi the C320 doesn't appear to read that file whether it is placed in that folder or at the root of the SD.

davidmoliv

11 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  10:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thats great that now we can transfer POI's to our units.
I inserted a new POI called "TestPOI" only for testing the program. I can see now on My Locations section a new section called "Custom POIs" and inside it my new POI "TestPOI". It now work just fine like all oters included POIs.
But... how can I delete him now? I don't found a way till now...

Portuguese C330 Owner

Edited by - davidmoliv on 30 juil. 2005 10:46:50
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93895 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  10:59:24  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums.
To delete it you have to upload a new set of POIs from your PC, it jsut replaces the old one. It would be more convenient to be able to use the POI file on the SD card. No luck so far.

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  11:04:35  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The alarm, that is shown in the pictures in the beginning of the thread, does it sound in both directions when set as a speed camera? Can you enter both speed and direction?

Garmin C320 owner
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93895 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  11:25:41  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes it doesn't know which way you are driving. You can enter the speed but then it only alerts you if you are above that speed, see my previous comment too.

admin_0

1 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  20:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MichaelLegner

I have set my Forefox browser to monitor the download page for the C320. That is how I noticed it. Perhaps I will see the new update (when it comes) sooner this way than by their update email.

Another nice trick in Firefox is to create a "Live Bookmark" and point it here:

http://www.garmin.com/rss/software.jsp

Other RSS readers should be able to use this as well.
Go to Top of Page

Mover

149 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  20:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice that we can now transfer POI's, but where do we transfer them from?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93895 Posts

Posted - 30 juil. 2005 :  20:43:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well like I wrote in the news item, Europe has large online databases, not much for the US so far, you can try www.POInUSA.com , got a few lnks there ;-)

natedj

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2005 :  03:37:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried this with the C330 ....the first generation ones without the new addition of the SD card slot?
What will be our position if we don't have a SD card slot ?????

Will I said to myself nothing from nothing leaves nothing, so I D/loaded the software and hooked up my USB cord to my C330. Then I grabbed some of the POI already created (compliments ctitanic) http://www.tweaks2k2.com/tomtom.htm

I sent the *.CSV file to my unit, the screen promptly said that 2512 POI has been sent to my unit....then it automatically restarted itself. I check the unit and another menu line was added to my unit,(Custom POIs) but there was no POI added ....anyone with the same story.

Edited by - natedj on 31 juil. 2005 03:51:25
Go to Top of Page

davidmoliv

11 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2005 :  10:11:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I own a C330 with SD Card slot but I don't have use any card on it yet. Yesterday I try POILoader and I transfer a single POI to the unit for testing. The new "Custom POI" was inserted in the HDD and a new menu "Custom POIS" was added to My Locations menu. A new entry on the config menu called "Proximity Alerts" was added to (for activate/deactivate).
My problems now are the following ones:
- I do I know how many custom POIs can I insert untill the HDD is full?
- What can happen if the HDD will be full? Can I block the unit?
- In other hand, how can I delete inserted Custom POIs? Can't I totally empty the new Custom POIs section?

Portuguese C330 Owner

Edited by - davidmoliv on 31 juil. 2005 10:13:31
Go to Top of Page

go24h

21 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2005 :  15:32:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael:
How did you make these pictures of your GPS screen?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

MichaelLegner

Sweden
206 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2005 :  15:40:39  Show Profile  Visit MichaelLegner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, it's not me who did them. It is gpspassion. But you can use this software (xImage 2.3) to capture screens from your Garmin GPS when it is connected to the computer:

http://www.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=545

/Michael

Garmin C320 owner
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,91 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05