Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2783

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 3.0 (Unlock for PNAs) LOCKED-OBSOLETE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 239

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  10:30:32  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Attention! This thread is now obsolete.
Please visit the new MioPocket 4.0 thread:
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136798

MioPocket 3.0
Unlock for GPS devices with 480x272, 320x240, 480x234 or 800x480 displays

Scroll down for larger (and more) images of the included skins

Download: See the MioPocket 4.0 thread (link at top of post) to download the latest version

What is MioPocket?
MioPocket is an "unlock" (or alternate frontend) for Windows CE-based devices, mainly GPS navigation devices (aka "PNAs"). It is an installable package of programs, scripts, registry files and skins to "unlock" GPS/PNA devices and allow them to be used for far more than just navigation (ex. for music, movies, appointments, multiple navigation apps, etc.). MioPocket is the most-packed and most-fully-featured unlock for PNAs available and is free and legal to use, as it consists 100% of freely-distributable content. What MioPocket is not is a replacement for MioMap, Mobile Navigator or any other OEM navigation software. It is just a frontend from which you may launch your device's navigation software or other navigation software that you've purchased.

What types of programs does MioPocket come with?
MioPocket comes with just about everything that you might want: three media players (video and audio, nearly all popular formats, including MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, MP4, H.264, WMV, MOV, DivX, XviD and more), three e-book readers, multiple dictionaries (including English to 5 languages), dozens of games, two image viewers, two paint programs, MS Office document viewers, text editors, handwritten note-taking apps, four general GPS plotting/mapping apps, three different appointments/tasks apps, a contacts app, a calculator, a unit converter, registry editors, task manager/switchers, file managers, an alarm clock and more (all free/shareware). See the Readme file for a full list. Note: MioPocket does not come with MioMap, iGo, Garmin, TomTom or any other commercial navigation software. Icons and scripts are included for them, but not the programs, themselves (since they are not free).

Which devices does MioPocket run on?
Technically, MioPocket should run on any Windows CE-based device. Due to the great many brands and types of devices out there, though, some will have better success than others when it comes to the ease of installation and the number of included features and programs that work. Most major Windows CE-based GPS brands, such as Mio (which MioPocket was originally designed for), Magellan, Navigon, Navman and Asus (and some other lesser brands) have installation instructions in MioPocket's Readme file. For obscure brands without included instructions, you may have to look around online (including the gpspassion.com forums) for unlock instructions and then adapt MioPocket accordingly... or be a pioneer and figure it out for yourself. Note that TomTom and Garmin devices are Linux-based and, hence, MioPocket (which is Windows CE-based) cannot run on them.

Does MioPocket install to SD or to flash disk (SD-free)?
Both. You have the option of either. See the Readme file for instructions.

Which features make MioPocket unique compared to other unlocks?
* Edit icons directly via an easy-to-use menu (no more manual file editing)
* Support for 480x272, 320x240, 480x234 and 800x480 displays.
* Install to SD card or to internal flash drive (SD-free).
* Close any open application, even those without any way to exit.
* Minimize any open application and return to it at any time.
* Bring up the keyboard without closing or minimizing an application.
* Input text via small keyboard, large keyboard or handwriting recognition.
* Rotate the screen on-the-fly for apps that work better in portrait mode.
* Remote control your device from your Windows desktop.
* Access your device while connected to USB (no connection screen in the way).
* Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 pre-installed.
* Assign any app (ex. MioMap, any other navigation app or the device's original menu) to a quick launch button found on every page.
* Access the start menu without displaying the obstructive and ugly taskbar.
* Automatic registry importing. Just add your own .reg file to the Registry folder and it will be imported during installation.
* All of MioPocket's settings can be configured directly from a menu within MioPocket.
* More included applications and games than any other unlock.
* Many more things...

For more information and answers to other questions, please read the whole Readme file.

The Skins:

Windows 7 Ultimate (480x272)

Windows 7 Ultimate (left, same as above) and Windows 7 Ultimate 320x240 (right)

Note: 800x480 and 480x234 versions of the Windows 7 Ultimate skin are also included, just not pictured.

Stopword (left, by Stopword) and Stopword 320x240 (right, by Stopword)

Vista Ultimate and Vista Ultimate 320x240

Vista Aurora and Vista Aurora 320x240

Additional skins:

GSTheme Vista, GSTheme iClone and GSTheme Chrome (all by gs4322) - 480x272 (screenshots miniaturized)

Enjoy! Feedback is most welcome. If you have any problems or questions not answered in the Readme, feel free to ask here. If you need to upload a screenshot, use this link and the URL for the image will be http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/<filename>

If you want some video to test the media player with, here's a zip with a few videos that I encoded at 480 pixels wide (on smaller displays, Media Player will scale) and in MP4 and DivX formats: MioPocket Sample Videos
FYI, I used Prism (an excellent, free converter for Windows) to convert them: http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html
Another good, free converter is Handbrake, which works on Windows, MacOS and Linux: http://handbrake.fr/?article=download

Finally, if you want to create icons for MioPocket, I highly recommend the free IcoFX (http://www.icofx.ro) for Windows. Also, if you want to make icons for the Stopword skins that resemble the existing icons, the following Photoshop templates should make that easy: Stopword Photoshop templates.zip

Credit and links for some of MioPocket's included apps:
Mort: MortScript (used for all scripting), http://www.sto-helit.de
Daniel Schumann: SystemInformation (used for the GUI shell), http://www.ultimatelaunch.de
Dennis Gröning: SirfTech, http://w5.nuinternet.com/s660100031/SirfTech.htm
Paludour: GPS2Blue, http://www.paludour.net

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Supremo on 18 oct. 2011 17:11:42

Ads

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  10:35:30  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Everyone,
Welcome to the new thread. The other one was getting long (over 400 pages), so a new thread to coincide with a new, major release seemed in order. As you've no doubt noticed, I've decided to graduate MioPocket to v3.0. This is based more on it simply being the biggest release since v2.0 and it being about time, rather than it being radically different than the last release, but there still are a couple of big additions that are pretty exciting (I hope).

The main major change is that I've solved one of the biggest frustrations with using unlocks by creating the ability to edit icons directly from within MioPocket. Finally, you can edit and remove icons without any manual file editing! You'll notice an "Edit Icons" button on most skins now. Tap it and a red overlay will display in the lower-left corner, indicating that you are in Icon Edit Mode. While in this mode, tap on any editable icon (which is most icons) and, instead of the app running, an Icon Manager menu will display. From that menu, you can change an icon's path, appearance and text label, as well as erase the icon entirely. Exit out of Icon Edit Mode by tapping the Edit Icons button again or the red Icon Edit Mode overlay. Additionally, blank icon slots (really, any icon without a path defined) will launch the Icon Manager automatically when tapped, regardless of mode. Anyways, play around with editing icons; it's almost fun.

The second major change is that I've created a new skin based on Windows 7. Actually, it's nearly identical in layout and function to the Vista Ultimate skin and differs only in the graphics... but I've heard only positive comments about that skin, so sticking with what worked seemed wise. You can think of this as a graphical update of the Vista Ultimate skin (in the same way as the real Windows 7 updates Windows Vista's look). I've provided versions for every resolution (480x272, 320x240, 480x272 and 800x480) and made each the new default for its resolution. Oh, and perhaps somewhat exciting for 320x240 users is that their version adds the favorites page and "quick launch" button of the larger versions. The top bar is a tad cramped, but I think that you may appreciate the features. Overall, the new Windows 7 skin is closer to what I had in mind when I created the Vista skin, and I, personally, think that it looks a lot nicer. I hope that you like it better, too. Here are screenshots of the 480x272 and 320x240 versions:

See the changelog below for the full list of changes in this release and the post above for the download link. Also, note that I've updated the Old Games Add-on to go with the new icon management abilities and the new Windows 7 skins. See the post above for the download link.

Finally, adding the icon management ability required so many changes and additions that there WILL be bugs. I don't know of any that I haven't caught already, but there are bound to still be some. So, if you hate buggy software, you may want to pass until I've had a chance to iron some of them out. For those who like to live on the edge, try it out, let me know what you think, report any bugs and, most of all, enjoy!

=============================================
** MioPocket 3.0 (Release 47) - 05/26/2009 ** (Osprey)
=============================================

1. Created the ability to edit icons directly from MioPocket's skins. Simply tap the "Edit Icons" button to enter Icon Edit Mode, then tap on an icon to enter the Icon Manager menu, where you can edit the icon's path, image and text or erase the icon entirely.

2. Created a new "Windows 7 Ultimate" skin that is based on the Vista skins. Versions are available for all supported resolutions (480x272, 320x240, 480x234 and 800x480) and each is the new default for its resolution. MiniBar and My Apps components that complement the new skin were also added.

3. Added an option to MioPocket Settings to toggle the battery icon appearance between 3D and 2D.

4. Fixed the equalizer in Media Player (credit to TroNik).

5. Tweaked "EXE Check" (Executability Check) to not give bogus "can't be loaded" errors for DLLs and to fit the screen.

6. Translated many of the German error messages in SystemInformation.exe into English.

7. Updated BeeLineGPS to v1.90.

8. Updated Flash to v6.0r79 (thanks to TroNik) and created a script to collapse the MiniBar when it is run.

9. Added file association for InkWriter's .pwi files so that they may be opened from a file browser (thanks to edass).

10. The Bluetooth icon should now detect the Israeli c520/c720.

11. Converting between 12-hour and 24-hour time displays now writes the format to the skin file, eliminating the need for two separate versions of each file.

12. Updated the Skin Changer screens and menu to add the Windows 7 skins and "hide" away the old, outdated MioPocket 1.2 skins. Also added an option for GSThemes to the menu.

13. Added a second Multimedia page to the Vista skins and removed My Apps from the SideBar (since it's on every page now), replacing it with MioPocket Settings.

14. Installation will now automatically configure a 800x480 skin on devices with 800x480 displays.

15. The SDFree menu will no longer display if MioPocket is already installed. This fixes an issue with newer Magellans.

16. Added "most languages" language locale set to the Patches folder. It's much smaller than the "all languages" locale set, meaning much less memory consumption for those who don't need an uncommon locale. (credit to TroNik)

17. Fixed the CE5 version of Opera being associated with HTML files on CE4 devices (thanks to edass).

18. Sanyo devices will now run Explorer at startup (code provided by TroNik).

19. Asus devices will now have an "Asus Mode" in the USB Mode menu that runs UsbLoader.exe (credit to axxelxavier).

20. Slightly improved the quality of the Vista Ultimate and Vista Aurora backgrounds.

21. Renamed 2nd pages for skins from "*More.ini" to "*2.ini" (ex. VistaUltimate_Games2.ini instead of VistaUltimate_GamesMore.ini).

22. Updated the Readme with information on how to edit icons and a section on USB modes. Updated MioPocket Outline.txt with information on how to make use of the icon management on one's own skins.

Edited by - Osprey on 05 juin 2009 05:55:41
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  10:36:06  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
[Reserved for later use]

Go to Top of Page

knyazs

Slovenia
29 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  11:03:39  Show Profile  Visit knyazs's Homepage
RESPECT! As I said earlier: keep up with good work! ;)

Mio Moov 330
MioPocket 3.0 R49, MioMap 2008, IGO 8.3.2
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Black

Brazil
50 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  15:26:47  Show Profile
Good morning Dear Osprey!

Very nice work!

I just bought the Samsung Omnia (Windows Mobile 6.1) and it runs most of the tools included in the MioPocket, my question is if you ever considered developing a skin 400X240 as long as many other devices like Samsung Omnia could be potentially customized by your skin.

Besides that I saw somewhere on YouTube ('cause I can't find the link again) a guy who created a "Linux's Beryl-like" desk top (cubic-spinning-multiple desk tops) using the ultimate launch...have you seen something like that yet?

I think that would be a great way to move over the different screens of MioPocket.

If anyone has already seen what I'm talking about, please post the link to the video (I believe it's a French guy how developed it).

Once again you’ve done a great job as usual, please keep it up!

Oh...by the way: I can't get the WMP to work on my Win CE 5.0 Chinese Device and also the Internet Explorer, but Sky Fire works fine and Opera is now working with some minor bugs (the top bar shows a little fuzzy)...any clues?

All the best!

Mr_Black

Orbiter NV43B - WinCE 5.0 + SDHC 16GB + Electronic.Vehicle. Assistant.
http://gpsinfo.com.br/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=302

Edited by - Mr_Black on 28 mai 2009 19:40:40
Go to Top of Page

fernoh123

Australia
15 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  15:41:03  Show Profile  Visit fernoh123's Homepage
Hi, Osprey, I couldn't resist it (R47 that is).

But have problems with Moov 360 (AU version). I am running bog-standard R47 except for removing the US time zone.reg and inserting the +10 Aussie one, and installing OziExplorer folder in \Programs.

When the Mio first started up, a message popped up pretty quickly, referring to line 41 (of 'sysinfo-start.mscr', I think) - stating that a Find string must be at least one character in length. This only happened once. R47 then started apparently normally, with usual reboot etc, but after a few seconds of displaying the Windows7 screen, it crashed back to the background desktop (with Windows logo in middle at bottom and icons for My Device, Recycle Bin, MioPocket and Taskbar Toggle). The icon for Taskbar Toggle is empty ie it shows a 'window' not a specific graphic.

The black X at top right is present, but inactive, the four desktop icons are 'dead', and the mini taskbar is present but does weird things: keyboard can be opened but won't close, rotating the screen causes a portrait screen to appear, but only on the bottom half of the device screen.

This behaviour (minus the problem with line 41) happens on all subsequent reboots.

I'll revert to my customised R41 for the moment! If there is any information that I can supply in more detail please let me know. I'll keep R47 on the SD card for the moment.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  16:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Everyone,
I've expanded the Icon Manager menu to allow you to re-position icons, re-size text, enable/disable bold text and change the text color. Normally, you wouldn't need or really want to do any of those, but adding the ability to do them was easy and means that you can now do almost everything through the menu that you can through manual file editing. I've re-uploaded the release and changed the links. If you haven't downloaded R47 yet, you don't need to do anything, because the newer files will be in it when you download it. For the 50 or so people who have already downloaded R47, though, you can patch your download with the following: [Please download one of the later releases].

Mr Black,
1. I've never heard of a 480x240 display, so they must be very uncommon. MioPocket does come with a 480x234 skin that ought to work just fine, though. That's only a 6 pixel difference.
2. I've tried Ultimate Launch before and it requires Windows Mobile. You're blessed with such a device, but the vast majority have CE 5.0 or CE 4.2, which Ultimate Launch won't work on.

fernoh123,
It sounds to me like installation didn't really go as planned. The "Find" error is revealing because it suggests to me that installation either aborted midway through or some files are corrupt. If I were you, I'd do this: delete or rename the MioAutoRun folders on both the internal flash drive and the SD card, then start from the very beginning by re-downloading R47. Make sure that you extract it to your desktop before copying it to your device (or card).

Edited by - Osprey on 13 nov. 2009 12:44:30
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94635 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  16:31:00  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
Good idea to start a new topic, the original one must have been the longest ever here! Nice presentation too, hope everyone reads it ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  16:45:55  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Thanks, gpspassion. Yeah, I'll miss the epic thread, but it was getting so big that it was almost silly. When a single thread is taking up nearly half of the first page of threads, then it's probably about time to consider a new thread :). I would've started one earlier, but I didn't have a good enough reason until now and the old thread's URL is linked in so many places on the internet, which makes me suspect that it won't truly go away for a while. Hmm, I should really update the first post of that thread to re-direct users here. That'll help.

Go to Top of Page

triplebass

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  16:52:45  Show Profile
@ - Dan - Thanks! I'd visited that board but had not found that thread. It was VERY helpful.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

triplebass,
1. Did you also copy MioAutoRun.mscr and rename it to Destinator.mscr, as well as copy MortScript.exe to the same folder? You ought to see in the folder:
Destinator1.exe
Destinator.exe
Destinator.mscr
MortScript.exe
2. Re: GAPI, simply choose "Install alternate GAPI driver" from the initial GAPI menu and then, in GAPI Setup, choose the closest match to your device that you can. You ought to be able to find one that works.
Osprey,
Thanks for the info. I had NOT placed and renamed the files completely as you described. I'll give that a try. Dan also directed me to another site that had some good info as well. The solution there involves editing destinator.mscr after the initial installation. I have a question into that site to try to find out what needs to be changed and why...is that anything you have insight on?
As always, it's a pleasure to see MioPocket running on my new device. Thanks for all of your (and others) contributions.
-3B

c310x; MioMap v3.2; Miopocket 2.0 v 27
Omnitech 16878-US Destinator 8; WinCE 5.0; Miopocket R46?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94635 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  16:59:55  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage
@triplebass - we have a new thread so let's keep it clean, no need to mutiple post and if your message is the last one on the page just edit it, thanks. I'll do it for you this time.

@Osprey - yes, putting a big red link on the first message and in the last message should help.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

muerte

Lithuania
78 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  18:35:09  Show Profile
Osprey
I have one problem for now:
When i try to launch "MioPocket settings" i get error message:"EndSub without Sub Line 104 (\My Flash Disk\mioAutoRun\Scripts\RegistrBackup.mscr): EndSub
This is on Vista Ultimate 480x272 skin and the same on Windows 7 480x272 skin

Mio C520, MioMap v3.3 Jan'08, Dmenace_flash_Spirit Unlock, Jerry's skin - 2009.03.15 - Override - 2008.09.14
Go to Top of Page

monty_burns_007

3 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  19:11:50  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by fernoh123

Hi, Osprey, I couldn't resist it (R47 that is).

But have problems with Moov 360 (AU version). I am running bog-standard R47 except for removing the US time zone.reg and inserting the +10 Aussie one, and installing OziExplorer folder in \Programs.

When the Mio first started up, a message popped up pretty quickly, referring to line 41 (of 'sysinfo-start.mscr', I think) - stating that a Find string must be at least one character in length. This only happened once. R47 then started apparently normally, with usual reboot etc, but after a few seconds of displaying the Windows7 screen, it crashed back to the background desktop (with Windows logo in middle at bottom and icons for My Device, Recycle Bin, MioPocket and Taskbar Toggle). The icon for Taskbar Toggle is empty ie it shows a 'window' not a specific graphic.

The black X at top right is present, but inactive, the four desktop icons are 'dead', and the mini taskbar is present but does weird things: keyboard can be opened but won't close, rotating the screen causes a portrait screen to appear, but only on the bottom half of the device screen.

This behaviour (minus the problem with line 41) happens on all subsequent reboots.

I'll revert to my customised R41 for the moment! If there is any information that I can supply in more detail please let me know. I'll keep R47 on the SD card for the moment.

It is the same bug still for all Mio Moov users, I reported this a few days ago. I replied to your question with the following:

quote:Originally posted by Osprey

monty_burns_007, duyvenbode, QZGBT5 or any other Moov owner having that problem with R46:
I'm very close to uploading a major release and, without any help fixing your problem, you won't be able to use it, either, which'll be a big shame. So, if one of you would be willing to remove R45, delete the MioAutoRun folder on both drives, put R46 back on your device, paste the data from the two files that I requested and be available for trying out possible solutions, all of you may not have to miss out.

walletless,
All of the information to install MioPocket on the Mio c520 are included in the Readme. As for Navigon software, information on obtaining, installing and configuring it are beyond the scope of this thread (and my personal knowledge), but once you have it on your device and it's working properly, you can easily link to it via an icon in MioPocket.

Everyone,
I had expected to be finished with R47 by now, but it's taking a bit longer to polish it and bug-test it. Sorry about that. The last time that I made so many significant changes like this (R16), there were lots of problems, so I'm being extra careful in testing.

Sorry for my late reply, didn't checked the forum these last days.
I took another empty SD card and copied 46 again on it. Still same problem.

Here are the requested files you asked for :

init.txt :

This file was generated by MioPocket installation. Do not edit!

The following are the executables scheduled to be run by the operating system at startup. The first list indicates the startup sequence of this particular device before MioPocket installation and the second indicates the startup sequence after MioPocket installation.

===========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init BEFORE installation
===========================================
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch60 services.exe
Depend60 1400
Launch80 AppStartupPri.exe
Depend80 14001E00

==========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init AFTER installation
==========================================
Launch80
Launch9999 \My Flash Disk\MioAutoRun\launch.exe
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch60 services.exe
Depend60 1400
Depend80 14001E00

launch.ini :

\Storage card\MioAutoRun\Scripts\Initialize.mscr

I tried 47 today also on my mio moov 330 and still the same bug as with 46. 45 works fine.

monty
Go to Top of Page

laufine

2 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  19:42:30  Show Profile
Osprey,thanks for your great job. With it my C320 works very well. When will the mio pocket surport the "Chinese" font? Or what should I do, if I want it to display Chinese. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

mathwiz314

USA
308 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  19:48:30  Show Profile
@Osprey
Wow, MP 3.0 look amazing!
The Windows 7 theme looks stunningly professional; your hard efforts have paid off.
I can't wait to install it.

Also, it seems like the .zip for R47 is actually smaller than R46!

Mio C520
MioPocket 4.0 (Release 60)

Edited by - mathwiz314 on 27 mai 2009 19:55:34
Go to Top of Page

TylerDaniels

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2009 :  20:16:32  Show Profile
What games are in the Old Games Add-on?? Games that are not included in the Miopocket itself?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 239 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05