Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2402

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 GPS Programming
 "Beta" GPS software
 Amod Nmea & Royaltek - Jdatalog utility - 1.2.2
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 01 févr. 2008 :  10:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

Yet another soft to convert log coming from nmea file (coming from Amod 3080 for example), Royaltek rbt-3000 log file or rbt-2300/rgm-3800 serial connection.

Work on Windows/Linux/Mac OSX (have to installe prolific drivers for rgm-3800 : http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?ID=31).

Need Sun java 1.5 minimum.

Linux and Mac user, check infos in the Readme file.

Automatic geoid correction (coordinates come with MSL alti from Royaltek GPS datalogger), from Egm96 grid (all the world) or raf98 (for french coordinates).

Averaging position option. Sample, yellow without averaging, violet with averaging.

PCX, csv, gpx, kml (Google Earth) and Dxf export (add average position and duration. Only in Lambert IIe yet, other system on demand).

*** OLD RELEASE ***
Windows version (with installer) : http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/jdl_1.05a.setup.exe
Mac/Linux/Windows (use datalog.bat on windows or datatalog.sh on other OS): http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/jdl_1.05a.zip

*** LATEST RELEASE ***
Windows version (with installer) : http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/jdl_1.10e.setup.exe
Mac/Linux/Windows (use datalog.bat on windows or datatalog.sh on other OS): http://www.gpspassion.com/upload2/jdl_1.10e.zip

*** FUTURE RELEASE ***
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdatalog/files/

WARNING : 1) this a beta version. Only tested in France. If you have a pb thanks to send me an NMEA sample file.
2) Seems to be an issue between Rxtx Serial Java Module and some bluetooth software.

Version history :
- b5 (try to) fix alti correction pb when we have W longitude (Thank's Maximal).
- b6 improve reactivity
correct minor bug in average feature
try to fix the Linux connection pb
Add gpx and kml export
Optimize averaging feature
Add nb satellites filter
1.03c
Add GPS settings modification possibility
Display current GPS settings when connect
Start retreiving gps logs when click on connect button
Some GUI modifs
1.03d
Correct missing class (javax.swing.GroupLayout) pb on mac
1.04a
Try fo fix pb with West longitude (thank's to give me feedback)
Fix display pb when use hgt (Nasa) elevation
1.04b
Fix gpx export issue (gpx now compatible with sportrack)
1.05a
Allow full infos (lat,lon,alt,vel,hdop,pdop,sat, ...) logs available on RGM3800 with latest firmware.
Fix a regression concerning people using java 1.5 and Macintosh users (swing-layout class pb).

1.1.0c
Automatic GPS version detection (RBT2300or RGM3800)
Firmware version detection. Starting 1.5.0.245 firmware version on RGM3800, geoide correction is no more needed (I don't know for RBT2300).
Settings backup.
Ozi track format import added.
1.1.0d
Starting 1.5 (both for RBT2300 and RGM3800) geoide correction is desactivate.
1.1.0e
Cvs export bug correction.

Add command line possibility (see Readme_CommandLine.txt).
datalog.bat --help (or datalog.sh --help)
Correct day changment bug.
File name suggestion during export.
Choose option possibility during export
Add GPX import support
Add Join option (and change track list presentation)
Add Command line possibility
Add Gpx import
Bugs correction ...

- correct a bug concerning datalogger with old firmware (1.5<).
- add elevation substitution possibility during export (smoothed elevation or hgt elevation). If you have a track without elevation download the hgt file corresponding to your track. After that you will have the possibility to save your track with hgt elevation. See Reame file in hgt directory.
- add -e option in command line mode, to choose elevation (one or several). Ex : datalog -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -l -e gps,smooth,hgt -f csv ...
- improve app startup speed.

to be continued ....

Edited by - denti13 on 02 févr. 2010 08:56:36

Ads

gpspassion

94154 Posts

Posted - 01 févr. 2008 :  17:04:08  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have a beta version already ?

"Averaging position option" looks interesting, how does it work ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Olivier D

France
3 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2008 :  11:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I own a RBT 2300 (since december), and was surprised some times ago to get wrong altitude in the log file (for me, around 50 m offset in the alps).
After searching on the internet, I suppose it is because of royaltek giving only MSL alti (I looked http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10915 but do not well understand what finally is wrong...) And now I have found this page...
Do you know why royaltek doesn't provide neither Geoidal height, nor hdop and nor satellite number ?
Anyway... I suppose we can't change it...
I have tried your soft. Is there a way to use a already downloaded nmea log file (downloaded with royaltek soft, don't have the datalogger with me now)? The "select log file" doesn't work for me...

thanks in advance

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2008 :  13:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Olivier,

Try the 1.0b3 version to open a nmea log file, should work.

Don't hesitate to contact me by mail (in French :-) ).

rbt-2300 and rgm-3800 store only lat, lon, alti and velocity. No way to obtain other infos in logged track.

@+,

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

Olivier D

France
3 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2008 :  20:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm not allowed to send e-mail (don't know why), so I answer here...

1.0b3 doesn't work for me (no window at all...)
I'll try again with 1.0b2 later

Olivier
Go to Top of Page

maximal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  00:04:14  Show Profile  Visit maximal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Denti13,

Thanks for the software. I'm especially interested in the altitude correction. Unfortunately 1.0b3 doesn't work for me on Windows XP. It starts up and then exits after a couple of seconds w/out showing any windows. In Task Manager, I can see the "javaw" process start up and then exit. Here's my Java version info:

>java -version
java version "1.5.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_02-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_02-b09, mixed mode)

Thanks!
-Max

Edited by - maximal on 05 févr. 2008 00:05:09
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  08:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oups,

Have introduce a pb in b3 with windows installer. Should be corrected in b4 (have tested).

@+,

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

maximal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  08:56:23  Show Profile  Visit maximal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Christophe,

Thanks, the new version (b4) works great! I've connected directly to my RBT-2300 with it, as well loaded a previously-saved NMEA file.

I noticed something strange with the altitude correction. When I load data directly from the GPS device, there is no correction applied, that is Alt. MSL = Alt. cor. ("Altitude geoide correction" is checked.) But if I save the same data to a file with the RoyalTech data downloader app, and then load that file in your program, it does apply a correction and Alt. MSL < Alt. cor.

I also noticed it's applying a different correction than indicated by this utility: http://www.ngs.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/GEOID_STUFF/geoid03_prompt1.prl

For my area, yours is applying a correction of ~40m and the other one is saying ~33m. A 33m adjustment yields the correct altitudes for this area (according to other GPS devices and US Geological Survey data).

Thanks again,
-Max
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  09:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ouf :-)

Alti correction is applied at the end of track download (I have to know min and max <lon, lat> to know which grid to applied).

Could you give me a sample lon, lat to check what's is wrong (private mail if you want) with the correction.

Thanks,

Christophe

PS : you can concatenate several track when you download (select several track using control key).
Play with shift + clic and control + clic on downloaded (or loaded) track.
Go to Top of Page

maximal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  10:06:32  Show Profile  Visit maximal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Christophe,

Here are some lines from a recent nmea file from my logger.

$GPGGA,173427.000,4229.4271,N,07642.8847,W,1,00,,0289.5,M,0.0,M,,0000*6B
$GPRMC,173427.000,A,4229.4271,N,07642.8847,W,010.84,15.15,060108,,,E*47
$GPGGA,173428.000,4229.4250,N,07642.8879,W,1,00,,0289.6,M,0.0,M,,0000*69
$GPRMC,173428.000,A,4229.4250,N,07642.8879,W,010.86,15.15,060108,,,E*44
$GPGGA,173429.000,4229.4230,N,07642.8911,W,1,00,,0289.7,M,0.0,M,,0000*60
$GPRMC,173429.000,A,4229.4230,N,07642.8911,W,011.00,15.15,060108,,,E*43
$GPGGA,173430.000,4229.4209,N,07642.8943,W,1,00,,0289.8,M,0.0,M,,0000*6A
$GPRMC,173430.000,A,4229.4209,N,07642.8943,W,011.03,15.15,060108,,,E*45

Not sure what you mean about the correction being applied at the end of the download... Do I need to do something after the data has been downloaded? I downloaded 2 tracks, disconnected from the logger, and checked/unchecked the "correction" box, saved to a file, but it still doesn't seem to perform any calculation.

Thanks!
-Max
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  10:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot !

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  12:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maximal,

I need to know how longitute are displayed when you download datas directly from gps : something like 283,00 degrees or -76,00 degrees ?

Thanks,

Christophe

PS : found the mistake for geoid correction but need previous infos to publish the correction.
Go to Top of Page

Olivier D

France
3 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  18:13:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, for me version b4d oesn't work for downloading log data (application freezes)
The translation (and alti correction) works fine with already downloaded data.

Olivier
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  20:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Olivier,

What's doesn't work, downloading directly from datalogger ?

What is the size of your log (the number in the bracket).

@+,

Christophe

Go to Top of Page

maximal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05 févr. 2008 :  23:13:02  Show Profile  Visit maximal's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Christophe,

Here's a screenshot, hope it helps. Happy to hear you found the alt. correction problem!

http://max.wdg.us/jdatalog.jpg

For some reason jdatalog doesn't want to start up when my Bluetooth manager (BlueSoleil) is running. javaw starts up but no window shows on the screen. Once I quit the BT manager, jdatalog opens. I can then start the BT manager again and everything works fine. Not a huge problem, and probably has more to do with BlueSoleil than jdatalog, but I thought I'd mention it in case others have a similar issue.

Thanks!
-Max
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 25 févr. 2008 :  23:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I launched the script to use royaltek bt 2300 data logger in ubuntu linux, but my device is rfcomm0 and I am unable to change it (instead of /dev/ttyS0),since there are not other device in the menu to be selected.
do you have a solution?
thanks
Go to Top of Page

NicoCo

5 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2008 :  14:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour j'ais le meme probleme que meco sous linux seul le port /dev/ttyS0 est accessible serait il possible de forcer le port serie dans les paramettre
ou acpterier vous de patager vos source afin de cree le meme genre de programme pour linux

Nicolas.coriton@laposte.net
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  09:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I suppose there is a pb loading rxtx library.

I will check.

Give you some news ASAP

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  09:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I suppose you have :
- install prolific drivers,
- change permission on datalog.csh (chmod +x) and try to run it on a xterm.

Could you provide me existing messages when you run the command ?

Thanks,

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  16:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
her is the output when I launch datalog.csh:

carlo@ubuntucarlo:~$ cd /home/carlo
carlo@ubuntucarlo:~$ cd jdatalog
carlo@ubuntucarlo:~/jdatalog$ ./datalog.csh
Experimental: JNI_OnLoad called.
Stable Library
=========================================
Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Port, /dev/ttyS0, is ok.

(<unknown>:10142): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkButton to a GtkComboBoxEntry (need an instance of GtkEntry or of a subclass)

(<unknown>:10142): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(<unknown>:10142): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

(<unknown>:10142): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()

Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()

the window opens regularly , but only /dev/ttyS0 is available.
my gps device bt 2300 is connected to /dev/rfcomm0.it connects perfectly to gpsd, gpsdrive and josm through rfcomm0.

if you have a solution , please describe step by step because I am not al linux expert.
thak you
carlo

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  17:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

After searching on the net, this pb seems to be a known pb with rxtx (the java lib used for serial connection).

Rxtx don't recognize /dev/rfcomm0 device, you have to create a symbolic link as root : ln -s /dev/rfcomm0 /dev/ttyS4

I suppose after this, you launch datalog.csh and will have the choice to use /dev/ttyS4 port (instead of /dev/rfcomm0).

Let me know if this solution work.

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  21:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does not work:

carlo@ubuntucarlo:~$ cd jdatalog
carlo@ubuntucarlo:~/jdatalog$ ./datalog.csh
Stable Library
RXTX fhs_lock() Error: creating lock file: /var/lock/LCK..ttyS4: Il file esiste
RXTX fhs_lock() Error: creating lock file: /var/lock/LCK..ttyS4: Il file esiste
Port, /dev/ttyS0, is ok.

(<unknown>:11417): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkButton to a GtkComboBoxEntry (need an instance of GtkEntry or of a subclass)

(<unknown>:11417): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(<unknown>:11417): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

(<unknown>:11417): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()
Connection failed.
actionPerformed()

after this , pressing the button "connect", nothing happens

thanks
carlo

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2008 :  21:59:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not work but not (exactly) the same error message.

There is an issue with lock. Searching on the net I find : ftp://jarvi.dsl.frii.com/pub/rxtx/rxtx-2.1-7pre17/INSTALL

Your user should have write permission on /var/lock directory and on /dev/ttyS* file.

Check which is group for directory : ls -ald /var/lock (should be lock); Add your user to the group.

Check which is group for files : ls -ald /dev/ttyS* /dev/rfcomm0 (should be uucp); Add your user to the group.

If the directory /var/lock don't exist create it (mkdir /tmp/lock; chmod 777 /var/lock).

Don't hesitate to send me private mail if you need more help.

Thanks for your patience.

Christophe

PS : I will install Linux on my PC to make trial.

Edited by - denti13 on 28 févr. 2008 13:06:44
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2008 :  17:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you to you Christophe.
I am using ubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon updated , installed alternate image.
I will try the commands you posted and I will let you know.
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2008 :  17:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you to you Christophe.
I am using ubuntu 7.10 gutsy gibbon updated , installed alternate image.
I will try the commands you posted and I will let you know.
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 29 févr. 2008 :  07:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry, thank you denti!
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2008 :  14:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
should I install prolific drivers on linux?
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 02 mars 2008 :  21:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Meco,

Prolific drivers is needed for rgm-3800 (usb version of Royaltek datalogger). If you have a rbt-2300 I suppose you have a driver allowing bluetooth connection.

Did you have check ownership of /var/lock and /dev/rfcomm0 ?

@+,

Christophe

PS : have installed ubuntu on my PC but no start trials,.
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2008 :  00:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not yet , because I dont know how to do it.
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 03 mars 2008 :  11:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I add this detail: owner is root and group is root
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 04 mars 2008 :  16:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
output
carlo@ubuntumedia:~$ cd Jdatalog
carlo@ubuntumedia:~/Jdatalog$ ./datalog.csh
bash: ./datalog.csh: Permesso negato (permission denied)
carlo@ubuntumedia:~/Jdatalog$

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 mars 2008 :  22:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Meco,

Made some trial on my ubuntu version.

Correct a pb. I will put a new release tommorow.

As i have ubuntu on my PC now it will be easyer to help you.

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  07:22:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you Christophe, I will wait for your solution.
carlo
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  23:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Meco,

If you still have a pb send me a private mail (I will post later the solution in the thread).

You need :
write access on /ar/lock directory (open a terminal and do chmod 777 /var/lock)
read/write access on /dev/tty* files (should be ok with ubuntu distrib)
create a linj from /dev/rfcomm0 to /dev/ttyS4 (in a terminal use ln -s /dev/ttyS4 /dev/rfcomm0)
launch datalog.sh command and use /dev/ttyS4 port

@+

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 06 mars 2008 :  23:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no dev in this output nor in gui as in attached foto of desktop:

carlo@ubuntumedia:~$ cd jdatalog
carlo@ubuntumedia:~/jdatalog$ cd jdatalog
bash: cd: jdatalog: Nessun file o directory
carlo@ubuntumedia:~/jdatalog$ ./datalog.csh
Stable Library

(<unknown>:30798): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkButton to a GtkComboBoxEntry (need an instance of GtkEntry or of a subclass)

(<unknown>:30798): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (widget) || GTK_IS_INVISIBLE (widget)' failed

(<unknown>:30798): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

(<unknown>:30798): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_paint_box: assertion `style->depth == gdk_drawable_get_depth (window)' failed

sorry, I dont no why ,but I am not permitted to send you email
Go to Top of Page

jdnog

France
1 Posts

Posted - 07 mars 2008 :  11:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour,
J'ai téléchargé jdatalog sur ubuntu. Losque je le lance sans aucune installation (mis à part une décompression du dossier) j'ai bien la fenètre mais je me retrouve sans le choix du port de sortie. Je possède le RBT 2300.

Il me semble avoir le même pb que meco mais je n'ai pas bien suivi la méthode pour arriver au bon fonctionnement.

Ce logiciel me permettrait de rapatrier l'ensemble des opérations GPS sur ubuntu .
Bravo pour votre initiative.
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2008 :  07:56:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jdnog,
I sent you an email.
I will update infos for Linux User ASAP.
Cdlt,
Christophe
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2008 :  07:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
The link for dowload JDLog for Mac/Linux is dead.

Can you post the new link.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 28 mars 2008 :  13:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

Have uploaded latest version (1.0.1, Add gpx and kml export + Optimize averaging feature + Add nb satellites filter).

Edited by - denti13 on 28 mars 2008 13:47:52
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2008 :  09:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update.

I have a problem on mac.

I can't select any serial port.

PL2303 is ok, lock dir is created, Ok for chmod.

can you help me ?

(my english is bad, i'm french )

Edited by - ultramac101 on 29 mars 2008 10:24:03
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2008 :  10:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A copy of my screen http://discoverysurf.free.fr/pict/jdatalog_mac.jpg
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 29 mars 2008 :  14:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, i'm stupid... I have no read the first line of the read me:
"rxtx need /var/lock directory with write access to work"
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  16:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hallo denti, I have been away for a while. how to export .gpx with Jdatalog 1.01?
thanks as always
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  11:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meco

hallo denti, I have been away for a while. how to export .gpx with Jdatalog 1.01?
thanks as always

On mac version, when you save, you can choise the file format:
http://bp2.blogger.com/_dNrjsM1S9iE/R_D4QvVmBhI/AAAAAAAAAP8/_rn6M8IeOR8/s1600-h/5.jpg

For denti:
Je t'ai envoyé quelques mail, les as tu reçus ?
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  12:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, thanks
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  22:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@ultramac101 : not received your mail ?

@meco : it's ok ?
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 08 avr. 2008 :  22:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, perfect. I saved the bt2300 data as .gpx and imported in josm and gpsdrive. yours is really a very good job!!
how to delete data in bt2300? are you studying this function?
thanks again
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  07:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ denti: Yes, it's strange we have the same mail server ? Have you another mail ?

@meco: You can't delete data whitout pc ou ppc.
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  08:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think it is possible by using a terminal to send command to your GPS.

I do not plan to add GPS setup in Jdatalog yet.

I will make some explaination ASAP (I will be away for 3 days).

@+,

denti13
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2008 :  12:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I recently bought an Royaltek BT-2300 and so I am desperately seeking to get your datalogger to run under linux. But rxtx will not show the serial port I use. I tried to symlink from ttyS4 to rfcomm3, tried to bind the bluetooth device to ttyS4 directly. Nothing helped. Jdatalog will not show the serial port (no ports except ttyS0). All filesystem rights are set as you described in the thread.

I am the author of gpsylon a java application that also uses rxtx to communicate with gps devices. So I tried to convince my application to talk to the gps device. Sometimes it works, sometimes not ("Already locked by another application").

But jdialog never shows the serial port. Do you have any good news for me? Any hints, a new version, something?

Do you provide the source code for reading the tracks? This would also help me (I could add the code to my application gpsylon/gpstool (command line)).

Or do you plan to add communication via gpsd (not sure if writing to device is supported)?

regards
Christof
Go to Top of Page

meco

Italy
18 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2008 :  13:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
link rfcomm to /dev/ttyS40 or any other over 4 and you will see the device in jdatalog. I had the same problem. java does not recognize rfcomm.
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2008 :  14:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Meco :-)

@cdaller : is it ok now ?

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2008 :  21:05:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by denti13

Thanks Meco :-)

@cdaller : is it ok now ?

Denti13

I tried to use /dev/ttyS40 as a symlink, but this time I got the message:
Port, /dev/ttyS40, is in use.
Port, /dev/ttyS0, is ok.

So I could not connect to ttyS40 (symlinked to rfcomm3).

Me idiot! I finally read the complete Readme_linux.txt and there the solution was :-(
rfcomm connect /dev/rfcomm3 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
creates a relyable connection to the royaltek device and the symlink from ttyS40 to rfcomm3 solves the rxtx problem.

After issuing the command above, jdialog is able to connect to the device and to download the data!

Thanks a lot for your help!

christof dallermassl (cdaller)

Edited by - cdaller on 03 mai 2008 21:42:41
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2008 :  21:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connection works well, one little bug and a feature request:

you are searchfing for the geoid files with a windows path (backslash), which will not work under linux. whereas a slash works in windows and linux (in java). the exception is:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\geoid\RAF98.BIN (No such file or directory)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:212)
at javax.imageio.stream.FileImageInputStream.<init>(FileImageInputStream.java:57)
at datalog.coord.Raf98.readBinaryFile(Raf98.java:89)

a feature request:
I would like to download all tracks from the device and save them in a given directory (as gpx files) and I would like to save every track in a new file (using the date as filename). Doing this manually requires to select every single track, download it, save it....

Could this functionality added easily?

regards and thanks for the tool!
Christof Dallermassl (cdaller)

Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  01:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I just wrote a tool to download the logs from the device from the command line. I used your jar file to do the work :-) I hope this is ok (used a decompiler to find out what to do). Its just quick and dirty, but works quite well.

If anyone is interested (or maybe denti13 is willing to add it to his jdatalog), please send an email.

@denti13: are you planning to add the functionality to remove the log from the device? Cannot find your protocol document anymore to find out if and how this would be done.

cdaller
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  07:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I discover protocol spying the serial port and not really write a document on it. But aeropic, a gpspassion member wrote it :-) http://aeropic.free.fr/RBT_2300/RBT2300protocol.doc

I 'm a little be busy actually but i keep your request (I think meco and ultramac101 will be happy) for the next release.

Is the geoid coorection work well for you (as you have an error message) ?

@+,

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  11:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very good news ;-).
If you need help or a Beta tester... You have my mail adress ;-)
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  10:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I 'm a little be busy actually but i keep your request (I think meco and ultramac101 will be happy) for the next release.

What do you think of making jdatalog a sourceforge (or similar) project, so we can easily fix bugs and add functionality?

quote:

Is the geoid coorection work well for you (as you have an error message) ?

Yes, sort of I extended your class and fixed the code (slash instead of backslashes) in it.
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  23:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I added the following functionality to my command-line tool:
erase all logs, set and get the setup (sampling rate, mode and overwrite mode)

I therefor extended some (disasembled) classes from JDatalog (RGMMngt, RGMLog108, RGMMsg). I think it would be a good idea to add the functionality to JDatalog (GUI), but I would prefer to change the original code, not a disassembled class.

@Ultramac101: I cannot send emails via the forum profiles. So for sending the code, I need your email address :-) Mine is christof /at/ dallermassl /dot/ at

@denti13: still hoping to get the original source to add my modifications :-)
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  07:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello cdaller.

My code is no yet enought clean to be shared.

Where can I find a subversion server to put the code ?

I have worked on GPS settings (see your mail).

For the moment you could send me your modif by mail.

@++

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

ultramac101

8 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  08:03:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ cdaller: I have send a email.
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  08:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My code is no yet enought clean to be shared.

Where can I find a subversion server to put the code ?

I would start a sourceforge project. They have a subversion repository and everything else. For the moment, you (or we) could only use the subversion repository and not create a webpage and everything else. If you want, I can create one (but I guess, I am the owner of the project then, and this honor should be yours).

I cannot send emails via this forum, so please send your address to christof /at/ dallermassl /dot/ at

I will happily send my source then.

regards
christof
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  08:58:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@cdaller : Have still sent an email. You don't receive it ?
Go to Top of Page

sam1am

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  06:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having an issue under MacOS 10.5

When downloading data from my RGM-3800, it appears OK in the jdatalog GUI:

For example:
N41.29444 W-072.92291 ...

However, when exporting to gpx or kml, the longitude ends up showing as "432.92291" - is this a known bug? Suggestions? (this is 360 too high...)

Thanks

sam
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  07:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

Could you provide me a nmea sample with equivalent datas.

Thanks

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

sam1am

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  07:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to provide this, but am not sure how to obtain this from the device (RGM-3800). Any suggestions on an application or tool to use to extract this?

Thanks

Sam
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  08:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

You have no PC around you :-)
If yes use the soft comming with the GPS.
If not, just send me a screenshot of the Jdatalog with datas.
Go to Top of Page

chris333j

11 Posts

Posted - 31 juil. 2008 :  08:17:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I would like to have the chipset pl2003 (usb to serial) for my gps (usb link). My aspire One Linus have number 2.6.23.9lw.
Thx

In French :
Bonjour je désirerai avoir le module pour le chipset pl2303 (usb to serial) compile pour le noyau 2.6.23.9lw de mon acer aspire one afin de pouvoir installer mon gps (Royaltek RGM 3800) sur port usb. Merci davance, cordialement Chris

Edited by - chris333j on 03 août 2008 05:39:35
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2008 :  11:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@chris333j

Normally the drivers for PL2003 is already include in recent Linux distrib.

Connect the GPS, launch Jdatalog. If it's ok you can choose the "USB serial port".

Let me know if it's ok

Christophe

PS : just add the lastest version 1.03c (see at the beginning of this topic)

Edited by - denti13 on 06 août 2008 12:30:58
Go to Top of Page

chris333j

11 Posts

Posted - 08 août 2008 :  08:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
merci denti pour ta réponse mais une fois le fichier http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/jdl_1.03c.zip dézippé je ne sais que faire sous linux pour le lancer
Je ne sais même pas si mon module GPS est "reconnu" par linux car rien ne se passe quand je le branche. Je suis preneur de toute aide car j'ai acheté ce module exprés pour l'utiliser avec ce pc portable.
Merci encore pour ton aide car je suis complétement perdu...
Cordialement Chris
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 09 août 2008 :  10:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@chris333j

You need to a Sun Java version installed on your Linux distrib (http://www.java.com/fr/download/manual.jsp).

Open a terminal, go in Jdatalog directory. Check if java is on your path (using "java -version" command for example). If yes launch dalatog.sh script. If not the simpliets way is to replace java in the script by the full path of java on your system.

Let me know if it's ok

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

Lub

France
2 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  10:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm trying Jdatalog 1.03c on MacOS (10.5). It seems to be a nice piece of software... but I've not yet been able to see the interface :(
It seems that the GUI uses the class javax.swing.GroupLayout which has been introduced with Java 6 (while the java command still refers to Java 5 in MacOS).

Java 6 is installed in some directory, but if I try with Java 6 I get another linking exception with the driver (Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /.../Jdatalog/lib/mac/librxtxSerial.jnilib ).

There is a datalog.jar.old in Jdatalog/lib. If I use this jar file, then the driver works, it prints some messages about the ports in /dev/ that are either in use or OK, but then, even after 10 minutes nothing else happens. Do you have some idea on how to solve this ? (btw, I use a RBT-2300).

(note: the Readme_MacOS.txt still refers to datalog.csh which seems to be datalog.sh)

Thank you.

Laurent.
Go to Top of Page

Lub

France
2 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  11:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
It seems my mobile phone was causing the problem. Once I had switched it off and rebooted my computer, the old version of Jdatalog worked (datalog.jar.old).
I've got a null pointer exception. Are you planning to share the source so we can propose patches or do you prefer to only have bug reports ?
Thanks you for the software anyway, it's nice :)
Laurent

Edited by - Lub on 15 août 2008 11:56:43
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 15 août 2008 :  17:50:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello Lub,

Thanks for the report.

Just posted a correction.

I change from eclipse to netbeans to build the gui. It's explain the use of the GroupLayout.

Christophe

Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2008 :  11:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi all,

New version available :

1.04a
Try fo fix pb with West longitude (thank's to give me feedback)
Fix display pb when use hgt (Nasa) elevation datas

@++,

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

hermione

1 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2008 :  19:03:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lub

Hi,
I'm trying Jdatalog 1.03c on MacOS (10.5). It seems to be a nice piece of software... but I've not yet been able to see the interface :(
It seems that the GUI uses the class javax.swing.GroupLayout which has been introduced with Java 6 (while the java command still refers to Java 5 in MacOS).

Java 6 is installed in some directory, but if I try with Java 6 I get another linking exception with the driver (Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /.../Jdatalog/lib/mac/librxtxSerial.jnilib ).

There is a datalog.jar.old in Jdatalog/lib. If I use this jar file, then the driver works, it prints some messages about the ports in /dev/ that are either in use or OK, but then, even after 10 minutes nothing else happens. Do you have some idea on how to solve this ? (btw, I use a RBT-2300).

(note: the Readme_MacOS.txt still refers to datalog.csh which seems to be datalog.sh)

Thank you.

Laurent.

I've got exactly the same problem as Laurent, except I cannot find any datalog.jar.old file . The version I've downloaded is more recent (the readme refers correctly to datalog.sh). Is there any Web site dedicated to this software ?
thanks,
Hermione
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2008 :  22:33:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oups, seems to be a regression. Sorry but I have no mac to test.

Just post a new version, hope it correct this pb.

For RGM3800 users, this new version allow dowload of logs in mode 4 (lat, lon
, alt, vel, dops, sat, ...) available with the latest firmware (available on royaltek website).

Let me know if it's ok now.

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

Paddle

8 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2009 :  17:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm trying to set up your soft with a Realtek RBT-3000 on a eeepc901 running Ubuntu 8.10.

Well with no succes for now.

Here are the steps I followed:

> uname -a
Linux eeepc 2.6.27-8-eeepc-lean #1 SMP Sun Nov 16 12:45:01 MST 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
> java -version
java version "1.6.0_10"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_10-b33)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b15, mixed mode, sharing)
> hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:02:C7:27:FD:AC BlueGPS 27FDAC
> sudo rfcomm connect 0 00:02:C7:27:FD:AC
Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to 00:02:C7:27:FD:AC on channel 1
Press CTRL-C for hangup
## GPS seems connected (blue led blinking)
> sudo ln -s /dev/rfcomm0 /dev/ttyS7
## a few checks:
> ls -la /dev/rfcomm0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 216, 0 2009-01-28 16:57 /dev/rfcomm0
## user is in group dialout, so it's ok
> ls -la /dev/ttyS7
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 2009-01-28 16:27 /dev/ttyS7 -> /dev/rfcomm0

# Unzip the 1.0.5a version of Jdatalog and chmod +x datalog.sh

> ./datalog.sh
Stable Library

# The java gui shows up. Everything seems ok (/dev/ttyS7 and 115200bps). I hit "connect"
# a lock file is created in /var/lock/
> ls -la /var/lock/L*
total 1
-r--r--r-- 1 typhoe typhoe 11 2009-01-28 17:03 LCK..ttyS7

# but the connexion fails, as shown in the shell window:
Connection failed.

Any idea what I missed?

Thank you,
Stephane
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2009 :  18:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

RBT-3000 is not supported (only RBT-2300 and RGM-3800).

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

Paddle

8 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2009 :  18:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Argh! Too bad for me :(

I was induced in error by the presentation you wrote in the first post:
"Yet another soft to convert log coming from nmea file (coming from Amod 3080 for example), Royaltek rbt-3000 log file or rbt-2300/rgm-3800 serial connection."
You speak of log file only :/

Thank you anyway for your quick answer!

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

smosse

France
6 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2009 :  19:31:48  Show Profile  Visit smosse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello,

Christophe

Hello, is there a chance it will be supported ? i also own a rbt-3000 , and i am trying to use on latest Mac OS X
Go to Top of Page

Paddle

8 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2009 :  19:44:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smosse

quote:

Hello, is there a chance it will be supported ? i also own a rbt-3000 , and i am trying to use on latest Mac OS X

That would indeed be great ;)

So far, I've been able to use Jdatalog to convert the log from my RBT-3000 to google earth format. I had to find my old PDA and use it to grab the GPS data on a Sd card...

Not really simple.

I've also found a software that should allow me to get the data directly from linux (this soft should interest you, there is also a version for mac os):
http://www.harbaum.org/till/bluegps/
But so far, I've not been able to compile it... :'(

Edit: Got it to compile!
I was missing the libbluetooth-dev package...

Edited by - Paddle on 28 janv. 2009 20:32:34
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2009 :  16:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry for my late answer (miss these messages :-( )

As I have no more RBT-3000 I cannot add this GPS support in my soft.

Christophe

Go to Top of Page

Paddle

8 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2009 :  17:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

As I have no more RBT-3000 I cannot add this GPS support in my soft.

Hi,

could I help you in any way?
Test commands on the RBT-3000 for you or any other task?

The soft I found to extract data directly on linux often get errors while extracting the datas so it's not really usable...

Best regards,
Stephane
(note: I'm french by the way ;) )
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2009 :  19:14:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Salut Paddle (I'm french to),

Regarding the source code of bluegps seems to be to delicate without having hardware (not easy to test serila communication).

Sorry

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

malenki

1 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2009 :  19:42:50  Show Profile  Visit malenki's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A really great tool, thanks a lot!
I also would like to see the
command-line support (see cdaller),
a batch mode (get all logs and save them as single files or open convert/correct multiple nmea files)
and a
project at sourceforge.

Hoping that that isn't too much :)
malenki

edit: Since I, too, can't send mails in the forum I say it here: cdaller, would you please so kind and send me your command line tool to gps at [my nick].ch ;)
--
A tiny wiki-site for the RGM-3800

Edited by - malenki on 26 févr. 2009 19:47:08
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 19 mars 2009 :  11:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sorry for the delay.

What kind of functionality are you interested in using jdatalog on command line ?

I'm working on new functionality.
@+

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

Esus

France
3 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2009 :  12:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Est ce que ça marche avec la version 64 bits du jre ?
J'obtient ça (en ayant remplacé la bibliothèque 32 bits par la version 64 bits(librxtx):
sudo sh datalog.sh
Stable Library
RXTX Warning: Removing stale lock file. /var/lock/LCK..ttyS7
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fa0728a3333, pid=7785, tid=140327086045520
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (11.3-b02 mixed mode linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# C [librxtxSerial.so+0x8333] read_byte_array+0x43
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/olivier/GPS/Jdatalog/hs_err_pid7785.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Aborted
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2009 :  12:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I will try this afernoon (on Ubuntu 64).

But should work.

@ suivre,

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2009 :  14:38:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Esus,

Jdatalog work fine on Ubuntu 8.1 64b using rxtx binaries comming from http://rxtx.qbang.org/pub/rxtx/rxtx-2.1-7-bins-r2.zip and Sun JRE 1.6.0.10.

A new Jdatalog release will comming soon.

@+,

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

Esus

France
3 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  22:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Thanks.
I have downloaded the 32 bits jre, and it works fine.

Go to Top of Page

Esus

France
3 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  10:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
thanks for your software. It works perfectly.
I have a question: what is the jTextField1 on the lower left on the window?

Best Regards,

esus.
Go to Top of Page

lament

5 Posts

Posted - 13 juin 2009 :  19:53:06  Show Profile  Visit lament's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

thanks for the great proggy. :)
But I do have some problems with the alt - I submerge. Is it somehow possible to disable the alt correction in the program (a checkbox that I've overlooked?), as the downloaded alt is correct for me? I'm using RBT-2300 and I've tested both 1.05 and 1.10c versions and both have the same problem. :(

Here is the output from Royaltek downloader:
$GPGGA,080833.000,4609.4581,N,01422.4495,E,1,00,,344.0,M,0.0,M,,0000*4B
$GPRMC,080833.000,A,4609.4581,N,01422.4495,E,000.00,0.0,130609,,,E*5D
$GPGGA,080837.000,4609.4643,N,01422.5009,E,1,00,,343.5,M,0.0,M,,0000*40
$GPRMC,080837.000,A,4609.4643,N,01422.5009,E,000.00,0.0,130609,,,E*54

This is from 1.05 (alt corected):
Date;Hour;Lon;Lat;Alt;
13/06/2009;09:08:33;0.25087639689445496;46.15763293919163;296.6652771725158;
13/06/2009;09:08:37;0.2508913278579712;46.157738807123756;296.2869219506448;

And this from 1.10c (alt corrected twice - I guess this is a bug!):
Date;Hour;Lon;Lat;Alt;
13/06/2009;09:08:33;0.25087639689445496;46.15763293919163;249.3473129272461;
13/06/2009;09:08:37;0.2508913278579712;46.157738807123756;249.04055404663086;

And a (small) feature request for the end - export to PLT format. ;)

Thanks,

Samo
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 14 juin 2009 :  09:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Is the problem during display or during export (or both ?).
I will check tomorrow with a RBT 2300 (friend's GPS).
Which is your firmware version ?
ASAP for plt export.
Christophe
Go to Top of Page

lament

5 Posts

Posted - 14 juin 2009 :  12:11:15  Show Profile  Visit lament's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only 1.05a "Alt. MSL" is correct, all the other (displayed and exported) are wrong.
Firmware version is "1.5.0.244 GSW3LP"

I also found another "1am bug". I left the device on during the night and downloaded the track.
On midnight the date changes as it should:
13/06/2009;23:59:59;0.2507806718349457;46.158930675133924;273.02499771118164;
14/06/2009;00:00:04;0.25078079104423523;46.15892042985017;271.8992729187012;
But on 1am the date jumps back:
14/06/2009;00:59:59;0.2507747709751129;46.15867795813463;261.538272857666;
13/06/2009;01:00:04;0.25077518820762634;46.15868478832381;260.50357818603516;
This "1am bug" is present in both tested versions on display and export.

Bye, Samo
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 16 juin 2009 :  17:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Lament,

Could you check if geoid correction is desactivate with your GPS now with the latest version (1.1.0d)?

For "1am bug" I will check ASAP.

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

lament

5 Posts

Posted - 16 juin 2009 :  18:03:51  Show Profile  Visit lament's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The display is ok.
The export (to csv) is not, but the geoide correction is now applied only once (in 10c it was applied twice):
Date;Hour;Lon;Lat;Alt;
13/06/2009;10:08:33;0.25087639689445496;46.15763293919163;296.66527557373047;
13/06/2009;10:08:37;0.2508913278579712;46.157738807123756;296.286922454834;

Bye, Samo
Go to Top of Page

lament

5 Posts

Posted - 16 juin 2009 :  18:17:40  Show Profile  Visit lament's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One more thing about CSV export: Lon seems to be wrong too (being 0.something all the time). See the sample lines in above posts.

BTW as I'm a developer too - any chance of getting the source code for the app, so I can fix the issues myself? It might be easier that way...

Bye, Samo
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 16 juin 2009 :  22:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry for the delay.

What kind of functionality are you interested in using jdatalog on command line ?

I'm working on new functionality.
@+

Christophe

I would like to be able to download all tracks on the device, name them something like yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm.gpx and be able to remove the tracks on the device. Listing the tracks would also be nice.

this would be great!

regards
christof
Go to Top of Page

Ferdiwal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2009 :  18:24:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there!

I am using the Royal Tek logger for my Masters project. I am working on Photo-ID of sperm whales and need the tracks of the boats. As I have to store the tracks in a database (ACCESS) I need to save the tracks as .csv files. The version 1.05a worked good but it changed my longitude values (from 28 to 5) so I could not use it. The new version 1.10e did not do it but in the .csv the decimal place is shifted and changed eg. from 38.39681 to 3823.80870. Can this be fixed? I would very much appreciate your help. I can send you a .nmea file if you like. Thanks again. Greetings from the Azores. Anja
Go to Top of Page

Ferdiwal

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 20 juin 2009 :  18:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I am using a Royal Tek logger for my Masters project. I am working on Photo-ID of Sperm whales and need to look at the tracks of the boats. As I store the tracks in a database (ACCESS) I need to convert the .nmea files to .csv and I used this programme. The version 1.05a changed my longitudes from 38 to 5 so (latitudes were fine) I could not use it. The new version changed the longitudes and the latitudes as such that the decimal place was wrong and also some numbers
eg. 38. 39681 was converted to 3823.80870. Is there a chance this problem can be solved? I would very much appreciate help. I can send a .nmea file if that helps. Thanks again. Greetings from the Azores. Anja
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2009 :  21:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will check tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 22 juin 2009 :  13:23:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Ferdiwal

Send me a nmea sample (jdatalog_dot_converter_at_gmail_dot_com), I will send you cvs output to be sure to post a good correction.

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

lament

5 Posts

Posted - 01 juil. 2009 :  09:19:05  Show Profile  Visit lament's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

just tested 1.1.0e - altitude and Lon in CSV are ok but 1am bug is still there.

Bye, Samo
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2009 :  11:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
I need some beta tester for the 1.2.0 version.
This version allow command lines options. You can download one or several tracks, save in one or several different formats.

usage: jdatalog
-a,--all download all tracks.
-ad,--averaging-distance <arg> averaging distance (in meter). Points
under this distance from an immobile
point are used by the averaging option.
-as,--averaging-speed <arg> averaging speed (in km/h). Under this
value a point is condiderate as
immobile.
-b,--bauds <arg> set port speed
-da,--disable-averaging disable tracks averaging.
-f,--formats <arg> export format(s) to use. Available
format are: Csv file (*.csv)/DXF file
(*.dxf)/GPX file (*.gpx)/Google earth
KML file (*.kml)/PCX5 track (*.trk). You
can add one ore several format (use
comma as separator).
-fw,--firmware only display GPS firmware version
-help print this message
-l,--latest download latest track only.
-o,--output-dir <arg> output directory.
-p,--port <arg> set com port to use
-s,--show show tracks infos.
-t,--tracks <arg> tracks to download. Give a list of track
index (use comma as separator).

@+
Christophe

Edited by - denti13 on 27 nov. 2009 11:36:35
Go to Top of Page

cdaller

9 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2009 :  11:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I need some beta tester for the 1.2.0 version.
This version allow command lines options. You can download one or several tracks, save in one or several different formats.

if you tell me where to download I am happy to beta-test (Mac OSX 10.6.2)

regards
Christof
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2009 :  14:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Send me an email jdatalog dot converter at gmail dot com
I will reply with the version.

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2009 :  20:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdatalog

Add command line possibility (see Readme_CommandLine.txt).
datalog.bat --help (or datalog.sh --help)
Correct day changment bug (found by lament).
File name suggestion during export.
Choose option possibility during export
Add GPX import support
Bugs correction ...

Edited by - denti13 on 04 janv. 2010 22:51:57
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 02 févr. 2010 :  08:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- correct a bug concerning datalogger with old firmware (1.5<).
- add elevation substitution possibility during export (smoothed elevation or hgt elevation). If you have a track without elevation download the hgt file corresponding to your track. After that you will have the possibility to save your track with hgt elevation. See Reame file in hgt directory.
- add -e option in command line mode, to choose elevation (one or several). Ex : datalog -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -l -e gps,smooth,hgt -f csv ...
- improve app startup speed.

If there is volunteer to help me to translate the app (and/or correct my poor English), let me know.

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

elou

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 07 juil. 2010 :  12:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On mac, the application could be started with 64bits jdk (including JDK 1.6) and a 32bits rxtx with this command:
java -d32 -Djava.library.path=./lib/mac -cp lib/datalog.jar:lib/commons-lang-2.4.jar:lib/commons-cli-1.2.jar:lib/RXTXcomm.jar:lib/swinglayout.jar gui.LanceurJLC $*

The datalog.sh script may be patched.

Great work, regards.
Go to Top of Page

orcad

5 Posts

Posted - 06 août 2010 :  10:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I use Jdatalog with a Royltek MBT 1100 and kinomap.
it works great but i only have a point every 3-5 second.
is it possible to have one every second?
My source file is at 5Hz
And i aslo loose speed on gpx files.
Thank you!
My file : http://orcad.free.fr/11.45.rar

votre soft est le seul qui m'ai permis d'obtenir une trace exploitable par Kinomap en provenance de mon datalaooger RoyalTek MBT 1100.
Par contre je me retrouve avec un point toutes les 3 a 5 secondes (sans configurer l'average).
Le fichier source est a 5Hz et j'aurai besoin d'un fichier a 1Hz qui contienne également les vitesses des points concernés.
J'ai du passer par l'export GPX pour pouvoir utiliser Kinomap.
Merci!
Mon fichier source : http://orcad.free.fr/11.45.rar

RoyalTek MBT 1100 - 808 KeyChain - Multilpex Easystar

Edited by - orcad on 06 août 2010 10:06:16
Go to Top of Page

pemmican

2 Posts

Posted - 03 févr. 2011 :  12:46:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

thanks for all your work on jdatalog!
I have tried to make it work on my Imac, but I get the following error
messages....

Bonjour
Merci pour tout le travail sur jdatalog et les descriptifs precis!
J'ai essaye de faire marcher jdatalog sur mon iMac pour pouvoir
recuperer les donnees de mon RBT2300 et j'ai l'erreur suivante:

Fram-2:Jdatalog cornelius_strohm$ ./datalog.sh
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/Jdatalog/lib/mac/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did
find: /Jdatalog/lib/mac/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching
architecture in universal wrapper thrown while loading
gnu.io.RXTXCommDriver
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/Jdatalog/lib/mac/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no suitable image found. Did
find: /Jdatalog/lib/mac/librxtxSerial.jnilib: no matching
architecture in universal wrapper
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1823)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1738)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1045)
at gnu.io.CommPortIdentifier.<clinit>(CommPortIdentifier.java:83)
at com.SerialUtility.listAvailableSerialPorts(SerialUtility.java:50)
at gui.LanceurJLC.main(LanceurJLC.java:231)

What do you recommend to do?
Qu'est ce que vous me conseillez de faire...?

Thank you very much in advance,
Merci d'avance,

pemmican
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 04 févr. 2011 :  08:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello pemmican,

Did you try the manip done by elou 2 post before ?

If it's does'nt work could you give the imac and OS X version you have ?

@+

Christophe
Go to Top of Page

pemmican

2 Posts

Posted - 09 févr. 2011 :  00:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am new to the forum and only found the first page of the thread, when seraching google and finally discovered the fix only when I was looking for where my own message was posted...

In short: works like a charm and saved my from becoming dependent on windows again.

Thanks a lot once more!

Best regards,

pemmican
Go to Top of Page

effemmeffe

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2011 :  13:38:42  Show Profile  Visit effemmeffe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello.
I just bought an RBT-2300 and I'm using Jdatalog to talk with it in OS X.
I have a question: can't I download the logs in NMEA format without having it converted by the software?
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2011 :  15:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello effemmeffe,
The internal datas are not stored in nmea format (royaltek binary format).
As there are gpx and garmin pcx output format, there is no plan to add nmea export in JDatalog.
Why do you need nmea ?
@+
Christophe

Go to Top of Page

effemmeffe

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2011 :  15:45:22  Show Profile  Visit effemmeffe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello, denti, thanks for the quick answer.
(I think) I need the nmea format because I can't see the velocity in the gpx log I downloaded from my rbt-2300.
Today is the first day I'm playing with it and I made a fast trip with my car then I downloaded the log and no velocity is present in the gpx file.
Go to Top of Page

effemmeffe

Italy
12 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  16:31:13  Show Profile  Visit effemmeffe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My bad, I had some problems with the software I'm using. Now I got it and the speed is allright.
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  18:44:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, all is ok for you ?
If I post a new release in the future I will check the possibility to store GPS speed in gpx file.
@+
Christophe
Go to Top of Page

poisonborz

5 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2012 :  22:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I have a trusty old RBT-2300, only used it for short trips until now, with a slow record interval (~10 sec)
But now I discovered that when making longer trips with shorter intervals (resulting in files over ~2MB) the original Data Downloader crashes when downloading these files...
So I searched everywhere for an alternative data dumper, and foundthis program (I'm using Win7).
As others on different platforms mentioned, I also can't set the port I'm using (and when doing it in the command line version, it says it's not available). Is there a solution?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2012 :  07:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
What is exactelly your pb with Jdatalog ?
Is the GUI working ?
Why did you try command line ?
Christophe
Go to Top of Page

poisonborz

5 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2012 :  13:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello,
What is exactelly your pb with Jdatalog ?
Is the GUI working ?
Why did you try command line ?
Christophe

Hola,
Sorry for the late answer, I had a temporary solution with another log-downloader (http://aeropic.free.fr/RBT_2300/index_english.html) on WinXP but that even that ceased to work...

The problem is that it does not detect the correct port, therefore, it can't connect. This goes for both the GUI and command line version. Is there a way to force a different port?

Edited by - poisonborz on 11 avr. 2012 13:55:24
Go to Top of Page

poisonborz

5 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2012 :  17:19:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...while the above problem still exists, I just found out that the solution was right there in front of my eyes. On Royaltek's site there is a downloader available for Windows 7 http://www.royaltek.com/index.php/rbt-2300
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2012 :  18:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
My suggestion is to try a newest version of rxtx (it's the java lib used for serial port managment). Try this one http://www.cloudhopper.com/opensource/rxtx/ (Windows-x86).
Replace RXTXcomm.jar (in lib subdir) and rxtxSerial.dll/rxtxParallel.dll (in lib/win subdir).
Let me known the result.
Christophe
Go to Top of Page

poisonborz

5 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2012 :  11:27:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've copied the files, but JDatalog still doesn't show the port I need.
http://i.imgur.com/QCVvR.jpg

Edited by - poisonborz on 12 avr. 2012 11:28:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05